One downside to using an Amazon Fire Stick is the regular switching between it and your regular television remote.
But some owners have figured out a genius hack which saves the messing around.
It’s especially irritating when you want to adjust the volume – but it’s now been revealed that you can control both the volume and the power to your television using the Amazon Fire Stick remote.
There are obvious buttons for power and volume on the Fire Stick remote, but it seems quite a few users weren’t aware of this feature.
And it’s helpful if you’ve lost your main remote (or it’s simply run out of battery) and can’t be bothered to pay out for a new one.
However, some users said the hack didn’t work for them – which is because some television manufacturers don’t support that feature.
Some TVs may not allow you to control the volume with your Fire Stick remote – but the best way to find out is to try these steps:
- Go to Settings
- Select Equipment Control
- Click on Manage Equipment
- Go to TV
- Hit Change TV
- Then select Change TV again
- The Fire Stick will try to work out your TV’s model – if it’s correct tap Yes, if not, tap No and choose your manufacturer from the list
- A prompt will ask you to press the power button on the Fire remote
- If it switches the TV off, wait 10 seconds then press the power button again
- The Fire Stick will ask you if these actions switched the TV off – tap Yes or No
- Your Fire Stick remote will now be updated and can be used to control your TV’s volume, as well as switch it on and off
Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected].
For more stories like this, check our news page.
Get your need-to-know
latest news, feel-good stories, analysis and more