What Is Instagram Verification?
Instagram verification is a process where Instagram confirms the authenticity of an account that might be of public interest. When an account is verified, it receives a blue badge with a checkmark next to the account’s name.
This blue checkmark indicates that Instagram has confirmed the account is the authentic presence of the public figure, celebrity, or brand it represents.
The verification process aims to ensure that users can find genuine accounts of public figures and brands, rather than fake or fan accounts. To get verified, an account must comply with Instagram’s terms of service and community guidelines.
What Are the Requirements for an Instagram Verification Badge?
The requirements for obtaining an Instagram verification badge are designed to ensure that the badge is granted to authentic, notable, and unique accounts that represent a real person, registered business, or entity.
Here are the Instagram criteria an account must meet to be considered for verification:
- Authenticity: Verified badges serve as an assurance that the account belongs to an actual individual, registered business, or established entity.
- Uniqueness: It’s essential for the account to uniquely represent the individual or business it claims to be. Instagram typically verifies only one account per individual or business, although exceptions are made for accounts in different languages. Accounts focused on general interests, such as meme collections, are not eligible for verification.
- Completeness: A qualifying account must be public and include a bio, a profile picture, and at least one post. It should refrain from including links that direct followers to add them on other social media platforms.
- Notability: The account should be associated with a well-known, frequently searched brand, entity, or individual. Instagram considers accounts that have been featured in various news sources for verification, excluding those that appear in paid or promotional content.
It’s important to note that meeting these criteria does not guarantee verification. Instagram’s decision to verify a notable account is discretionary.
Additionally, Instagram warns against false information during the verification process, as it can lead to the removal of the verification badge or even the account.
How to Get Verified on Instagram: 5 Easy Steps
Getting verified on Instagram involves a straightforward process that Instagram users need to follow.
Here are the steps you need to follow when applying for Instagram verification badges:
- Log in to your Instagram account
- Go to Settings
- Tap “Account Types and Tools”
- Tap “Request Verification”
- Fill in and submit the application form
1. Log in to Your Instagram Account
First things first, open the Instagram app on your mobile device.
If you’re not already logged in, enter your username and password to access your account. Ensure you’re logging into the correct account if you manage multiple profiles.
2. Go to “Settings and Privacy”
Once logged in, navigate to your profile by tapping on your profile picture in the bottom right corner.
On your profile page, tap the three horizontal lines (menu icon) in the top right corner.
A menu will appear; select “Settings and Privacy” at the bottom of this menu. This is where you can adjust various options and settings for your account.
3. Tap “Account Types and Tools”
In the “Settings” menu, scroll to find the “Account Types and Tools” option. This section contains settings specific to your Instagram account.
Tap on this button to open a new set of options related to your personal account settings.
4. Tap “Request Verification”
Within the “Account Type and Tools” settings, look for the “Request Verification” option. This is usually found towards the bottom of the list.
Tap on it to begin the process of requesting a verification badge. This action will lead you to the application form that Instagram requires for verification requests.
5. Fill in and Submit the Application Form
The Instagram verification form will ask for the following information:
- 1-2 personal or business identification documents
- Your notability category
- Country and region
- Essential links
After submission, Instagram’s team will review your application. The decision process might take some time, as Instagram reviews many such requests. You’ll receive a notification in the app informing you whether your request was approved or denied.
If denied, you can reapply after 30 days. Remember, getting verified is based on meeting Instagram’s criteria for authenticity, uniqueness, completeness, and notability.
Tips To Verify Your Instagram Account
In this chapter, we will walk through a series of actionable tips that can significantly enhance your chances of having a verified account.
Here are five tips on how to get verified on Instagram:
- Keep your Instagram profile active
- Follow the community guidelines
- Don’t buy verified badges
- Avoid sharing false or misleading information
- Have an authentic presence
Keep Your Instagram Profile Active
Verified accounts on Instagram are often seen as symbols of authenticity and trustworthiness, and one key factor that Instagram’s verification team looks at is the regular activity and engagement on an account.
Here are our tips on how to maintain your Instagram account active:
- Schedule your Instagram posts at the best times
- Diversify your Instagram content
- Engage with your Instagram audience
A. Schedule Your Instagram Posts at the Best Times
To maintain an active profile, it’s crucial to post regularly on Instagram. Consistent and engaging Instagram posts help in building and retaining an audience, showcasing the liveliness of your account.
Scheduling your Instagram posts strategically can significantly boost your profile’s visibility and engagement.
According to SocialBee’s insights, the best times to post on Instagram vary depending on your audience’s location and habits. Generally, mid-morning and evening hours during the weekdays see higher engagement. Experiment with posting frequency to find what resonates best with your audience.
Pro Tip: Utilize SocialBee’s scheduling features to automate your posting schedule, ensuring consistent activity and freeing up time to focus on content creation and audience interaction.
Do you want to schedule posts on Instagram in a matter of minutes?
Start your SocialBee 14-day free trial!
Here are some of the SocialBee features that might interest you:
- Supported platforms: Connect with audiences on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Google Business Profile, TikTok, and YouTube.
- In-app design tools: Seamlessly craft posts using our integrated tools from Canva, Unsplash, and GIPHY.
- AI assistance: Allow our AI Post Generator to curate captions and images, making content creation a breeze.
- AI social media manager: Copilot is your AI-powered social media assistant. It designs and executes a tailored Instagram strategy for your brand based on your input, from beginning to end.
- Content categorization: Organize your material into various categories for a balanced content strategy.
- RSS feed connectivity: Directly import content from any blog’s RSS feed.
- Tailored posts: Adjust and personalize content for each social platform.
- Smart hashtags: Generate hashtags automatically based on visuals or post text.
- Evergreen content management: Easily recycle timeless content and set expiration dates for dated posts.
B. Diversify Your Instagram Content
Diversifying your content is essential to keep your audience engaged and attracted to your profile. By mixing up the types of posts you share, you can appeal to a broader audience and keep your feed interesting.
Here are some ideas for Instagram content to consider:
- Behind-the-scenes posts: These posts offer a glimpse into your daily operations or personal life, which can humanize your brand and create a deeper connection with your audience.
- Educational content: Sharing tips, tutorials, or interesting facts relevant to your niche not only provides value to your audience but also positions you as an authority in your field.
- User-generated content: Featuring posts from your followers is a great way to build community and show appreciation for your audience.
Pro Tip: To effectively generate and categorize diverse content, consider leveraging tools like Copilot & SocialBee’s AI post generator.
These powerful tools can assist you in creating a variety of content types that are tailored to your audience’s interests, helping you maintain a dynamic and engaging Instagram presence.
Utilize SocialBee’s Copilot, an AI tool, for crafting a tailored Instagram content strategy.
Start your 14-day free trial today!
At the same time, with the SocialBee AI Post Generator, enhancing your Instagram strategy becomes seamless and effective.
Here are a couple of reasons why you should use SocialBee’s AI Post Generator:
- Brainstorm fresh post ideas: Finding new and engaging content ideas can be a challenge. The SocialBee AI Post Generator acts as a creative partner, offering a stream of unique and relevant post suggestions tailored to your brand and audience.
- Maintain a consistent theme across your content: Consistency in theme and style is key to building a recognizable brand on Instagram. The SocialBee AI Post Generator helps maintain this consistency by generating content that aligns with your brand’s voice, aesthetic, and messaging.
- Balance a mix of post types: A dynamic Instagram feed includes a variety of post types – from images and videos to stories and reels. The SocialBee AI Post Generator assists in planning a balanced content mix, ensuring your feed remains engaging and diverse.